Dog Food, what’s behind an all-round nourishment?
Dog food has become one of the hot topics these days with more choices in food items and different flavours of temptations. Below is a brief of how to choose a dog food that is perfect for their overall development. More than that, this blog will acquaint you with the list of ingredients that are toxic & non-toxic for your pet, which kinds to explore and which lacks nourishment for your dog in terms of giving them the best dry dog food and wet dog food experience. Give it a thorough read and build yourself for this experience.
Pursuing the right ingredients in dog food
1. Chicken and Meat These ingredients hold one of the major roles among others. You may find written real chicken or real meat at the top of the ingredients list. This specifically means that there’s no by-product added to compensate for the proteins. Real chicken or meat means that their source was an actual host and it doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients to support it. In some cases, you will find egg protein among the list of ingredients. These are obviously good but always make sure that there’s adequate meat to support the egg so that there’s no compromise in their nourishment.
2. Human-Grade Chicken/Meat This is one of the most marketed terms to attract customers. This basically defines the probability of chicken/meat that is fit for human consumption or the kind of chicken/meat used to prepare the dog food. In place of human-grade products, the food must reflect whether it is edible or not. It is right to write edible among the list of ingredients only if the meat never leaves the human food chain or human food manufacturing factories. If the factory has a different transport to carry the best dog food to the markets then calling the food human-grade will be untrue.
3. Carbohydrates and Grains These are subjective to specific pets because some show allergies when in contact with such ingredients. Basically, carbs help replenish glycogen levels however dogs just require glucose to improve their metabolism. Grains however are a good source of nutrition in dogs because they help in maintaining skin, hair and immune system. It is always good to seek a vet’s advice if you have any doubt about feeding a particular ingredient to your pet.
4. Fruits Who doesn’t like fruits? Among the million other good things for pets, fruits are a great source of nutrition for dogs. Bananas, Mangos, Blueberries, Cranberries, Orange, Peach, Strawberries and more offer a tasty temptation not just to us, but for dogs as well. These are the perfect source of Fibre, Vitamins, Potassium and Antioxidants. Fruits are an essential part of their diet and a healthy source of their nourishment.
When adding some fruits to their diet is important, it becomes even more important to keep them away from a few. Avocados, cherries and grapes are hazardous for dogs.
5. Corn Syrup When shortlisting a few good ingredients for dogs always make sure that corn syrup isn’t in your list. As sweets aren’t healthy for dogs this is an artificial colouring agent which acts as a sweetener as well. Always make sure to keep your dog away from such processed food which has a combination of corn syrup or other food dyes. These are added to make food look much more appealing to humans so that they are attracted to buy such products. These have zero health benefits.
Apart from this, always make sure to choose products that are miles away from any artificial additives or preservatives.
Dog food is composed of different ingredients, and each has its ruling point when it comes to nourishment. Protein-rich dog food must have supportive antioxidants and the correct ratio of protein content because it will reflect in their digestion, disturb their digestive cycle, and harm their health. Below are some need to know facts about the nourishing ingredients that will help transform your approach in targeting the best dog food online.
Gluten-free for dogs or not?
This is one of the talks of town where people are more than focused on the betterment of their dog’s diet. However just like in humans gluten allergies in dogs are quite rare. Usually even the best dog food contains gluten which isn’t a problem because these have all the proteins from Wheat, Rye, Barley and Oats. One of the main reasons which made pet parents concerned about the gluten or gluten-free diet for their pets is their own lifestyle. However we can’t control their diet in terms of what’s convenient for us because they have a different metabolism.
Though you can be sure whether your pet has any allergy or not. The most common side-effects are: Dull Fur Coat, Chronic Weight Loss, Itchy Paws and Frequent diarrhoea.
Are antioxidants good for dogs?
Antioxidant offers neutralising properties; help reducing chronic inflammation. This supplement helps in fighting all the negative effects of inflammation. Choosing products that include antioxidants can prove valuable. However, you can always check with a vet whether your dog has any allergies or not. You can easily find the most common supplements which have antioxidant properties: Taurine, Omega 3 & 6, Vitamin C & E. Adding these in the diet of dogs helps support respiratory functions, skin allergies, eye problems and heart related problems.
So, always keep antioxidants in your checklist whenever you are choosing a diet for your dog.
These are some trustworthy brands, a few of them are owning the stage from more than 50 years:
1. Royal Canin Dog Food
2. Acana Dog Food
3. Taste of the Wild Dog Food
4. Pedigree Dog Food
5. JerHigh Dog Food
6. Orijen Dog Food
7. Little BigPaw Dog Food
8. Kennel Kitchen Dog Food
Taking care of a dog is one of the biggest responsibility, and therefore to help them grow healthy, we must walk an extra mile to understand what’s best for them now and then. Learn more and explore the range of dog food online at Dear Pet Shop India.